Tournament Director NO-SHOW!!!!!

clm6741

Phoenix MadMan
A so called "proffesional bass fisherman" from LA has put on benefit tournaments supposedly in the past. Well this time he wanted to put one on for the Cancer Society Relay for life benefit, and he wanted to do it at my local lake (Flint Creek Water Park, Wiggins, MS).

Well it was advertised for 3-4 weeks at least in the local papers around here, and I was looking forward to this because its a good cause ($130 a boat) but I also stood a good chance to win since I usually do well here, and all my other local competetion were bow huntin saturday.

Well the newspaper had a couple contact numbers to call. I called both of them for 3 days and never got an answer. I wanted to see what all was going on and the rules because there were no fliers around town. I also wanted to see if there was anything that I could do to help because this guy was not from here so you never know when you can help spread the word for a good cause or something.

The ad said sign-up started at 4AM (wow), this guy must have a bunch of people coming, so friday I asked the office at the lake if they have heard anything about it and they said "yes we talked to him today and he is still having it".

Saturday morning my dad and I pull up to the launch and there was 1 boat and ended up being 4 of us and I knew 3 of them. The guy putting on the tournament didnt even show up. Its like it was never real or something. There was a club tournament there also and I aasked their president if he knew anything and he said the lake had no other tournaments scheduled for this day.

I dont know how people can do this kind of stuff, I remain confused at how this happened. Anyone have any ideas???