Sumrall Bass Club Open Tournament @ Flint Creek (660acres)

clm6741

Phoenix MadMan
There was an open tournament on our local lake yesterday and I must say me and my partner had a great morning.

We finished 1st with 17.15 pounds and big fish of 5.28 was good for lunker. normally there is 30+ boats at this tourney but there was only 16 time.

Getting bites at this lake the last few weeks has been real tough, but we found some good fish that had a giant school of shad held up in the back of a cove right at the launch. We blasted off 5th out of 16th and instead of actually blasting off we just idled about 200 ft and had a limit before the 16th boat blasted off. We caught 21 fish total by 8:30 and had 17 pounds. We didnt get a bite after that the rest of the day. 2nd place had 10 pounds and 3rd had 5 pounds.

The president of their club that puts this tournament on had to watch all this go down first hand as they were about 50 ft from us. we had fun and the guys that put this tournament on are a nice bunch of fellas. This is our 3rd win of this particular tournament in 4 tries.

water temp was 47-50 degrees, caught them on jerkbaits. I love tournaments like this because you get to meet guys from all over that normally do not fish your home lake.