Spro BBZ-1 Shad

Kevin

Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
When i received this bait, i was highly interested in using it, I dont think the fish here on TableRock Lake, in Missouri, are very familiar with it.

So naturally, i was anxious to get it wet!
I was really excited about its action. So i hooked it up and dropped it in the water, I was using their "Slow Sink" one. I was really surprised at its action in the water, yes, it slow sank and its motion when jerked was very realistic.

Now i did this testing off a dock instead of a boat because i wanted to just take a look at its reaction in the water. I tossed out and slowly brought it in...........as it was getting closer to the dock, I was able to view the bass come right up to the bait and sorta of sniff it out!!

I did this several time and almost every time i brought it closer to the dock i could see the bass following it!

Here is Spro's Definition for their bait:

THE BBZ-1 4" Shad:
Inspired by the original 8 inch BBZ1, the new BBZ-1 4inch Shad is one of the most realistic shad swim baits to ever hit the water. After 2 years of research and development Bill Siemantel along with SPRO's Design Team have designed a cutting edge Shad Swim bait system that covers the entire water column from top to bottom! Whether you are a tournament Pro "Casting for Cash", or a Striper fisherman fishing inland or of shore, this lure just plain catches fish! This 4 inch BBZ1 Shad has 4 body sections and is available in 3 different buoyancies-Floating, Slow Sink (sinks 1 foot every 4 seconds), Fast Sink (sinks 1 foot per second). Pros and novice anglers alike will both be able to pick up one of these BBZ-1 4" Shad Baits and start loading the boat. Why a 4" shad bait? Because it’s one of the most common baitfish in the world that game fish eat! Bass, Muskie, Tarpon, Redfish, Stripers, Snook, Salmon, just to name a few. This is one of the best-built and realistic lures every to hit the market! Looks, actions, durability, versatility and a price point that everyone can afford. SPRO and Bill Siemantel’s BBZ1 Shad have hit another home for anglers everywhere!
Available in Floating, Slow Sink (sinks 1 foot every 4 seconds) and Fast Sink (sinks 1 foot per second).

I was not able to get the bass to take the bait, but they were very curious! I asked several anglers on their way from hard day on the water of how their fishing experience was for the day? A lot of them said it was tough out there!

So to give this bait a better shot at catching fish for me, I will be using it and testing it under several conditions thru out the future. I am sure it will catch fish under the right conditions here on this clear lake.

So look for more on this bait in the future!!

Thanks Spro

http://www.spro.com/

Last edited by a moderator: