kipp

Boating Moderator
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Community Supporter
Boat
2007 Triton Tr 186..Alumacraft 146 NCS
Ok good to see ya'

I have some trouble with spinning tackle overall.....I used to finess fish with em on rip rap in the mid to late 80s and I could short cast um I thought pretty good....and bounce a small worm down some rocks....that is all I ever did with one.......as time went on I just put the spinning reel up for good till about 2 yrs.ago.......with this shakey head deal going on...and oh don't get me wrong, I know some people that are good with it and sucessful beyond just fun too....I have a decent Shamano reel and a 6.6 ft med action all star rod......I will be using 8 lb. or 10 lb. line on it......Right now it is spooled with 20lb. Spider Wire EZ braid 6 lb. diameter......i like the limpness of the line but it seams to stack down and under itself, wich makes the casts sticky slow and short........I am about ready to throw spinning gear in the trash lately.....I have tried several kinds of lines and brands.....HELP!!!!....I know how to spool correctly.....its just come down to line .........Tell ya story........Thanks!!