Pitchin Rod

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
Just when the world made sense and the stars were aligned I find out that my Wreckin Six is being pushed back to sometime in May for delivery. I like the grip, I like the size but I'm not getting any younger so no way I'm wating for that. So I went on the internet and looked at pitchin rods. Well now I'm pretty darn confused.

I was looking for something 7'4-7'6 to be able to pitch a good ways but have a soft entry. I'm guessing xtra fast aint gona work. But now I see these rods saying they are pitching rods with medium action, heavy action, 7 foot etc. and each one claims to be good for pitchin. Well they all can't be right and I can't buy a different rod for every cast so I figured I'd check with the experts.

The scenario I'm looking at is lillypads (industrial strength ones) but they aren't quite as matted), bullrushes, and undercut banks etc. I'm not looking to use it to drop through really heavy matted stuff like hyacinths or hydrilla. I want accuracy, quiet presentation and a little backbone to jerk a fish outta there. Is fast action medium heavy or heavy good? I thought I knew what I needed but as soon as you start looking you get all kinds of opinions and articles and then you are just sitting here reaching for another beer and scratching your head.