Making your kill switch lanyard easier to use.

THLove0427

So, I hope everyone uses their kill switch lanyard everytime they are running their big motor. However, I know if you are like me, you probably don't unless you are in a tournament that requires it.

Years ago, after seeing what happens when it doesn't get used, a burned up boat on an earthen dam - the driver fell out, and the boat kept going - I determined I would always use mine.

Now, the lanyard that comes with each of our boats is a great tool, but that little hard to use clip that comes with it is primarily why I wasn't using mine every time. A pain to clip and unclip, especially when your hands are cold and stiff.

My solution to this was to replace that clip with an inexpensive aluminum caribiner that you can get at any home improvement store or wally world for about a buck.

Here is a picture of mine - I just replaced the new boat's clip today, and thought you might find this useful.

Caribiner.jpg

Remember, safety first, always - I'd rather have someone laugh at me because of something I do for safety's sake, instead of having them pitty my battered or dead body for want of a simple, safe and effective solution.