Lake Martin also takes a Hit!

JBozeman

Fisherman
Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
Like the Lakes to the North, Lake Martin took a Nasty hit from a huge Tornado as well and of course there is a great deal of debris in the water in different locations. It is my understanding that the ADCNR Ramps that had been closed, were reopened this past Saturday so that is a bit of good news. The areas from Pleasure Point South to Kowaliga Bridge has a great deal of debris and of course when the wind shifts, the debris fields follow the winds lead and will, in time, end up in the more open main channel areas. That being said, take it easy during daylight and you really do not want to get on the lake in those areas after dark!

I fished Martin years ago and even in those days every thing looked just alike and you had to pay attention to be able to get back to your starting point. We didn't have all that fancy GPS stuff back in those days. The water was open and safe. However when you take Houses, Boat Houses, docks, trees and whatever else and put them in places they have never been before, you best be careful while under power on the water!

All that being said, I know some would really rather read a "Fishing Report" than and damage report, Please know, those will come. But like Guntersville, Lake Martin, at least parts of it has been so effected that many folks will not be able to think about fishing for quite some time to come!

I'll do some snooping and get a look see at what is going on in the areas not in the path of this tornado. Martin always had good Largemouth and some fiesty Spots to be sure. Btw: I will post some links for you get a look at how fishing and life has changed for many many folks on Lake Martin.

Will check in later!
Take Care Y'all