Lake Eufaula Alabama - Early May 2011

JBozeman

Fisherman
Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
Lake Eufaula Alabama has got to be my All Time Favorite Lake! Especially from Lake Point State Park area South to the dam. May is an incredible month for this great Lake.
From what I can gather, the Lake is full pool and stained. Water temps are high 60's to low 70's and of course that makes for good Bass fishing.
Buzz Baits and top waters are good in the morning around the weed beds and crank baits a little later on the ledges. Fish are from 5 to 12 feet and you just have to try different retreive speeds. This Spirng has had many temperature swings and you just have to keep experimenting on a pattern with a slower presentation seemingly the most prefered currently.

A little later in the month the Ledges will really come alive as there is (just my opion) no better structure fising to be enjoyed! Get you a good contour map, (Really there is no way to fish this big water without one if you have never been there before) some Carolina rigged worms, deep diving crankbaits and spend some time on the points and ledges right out in front of Lake Point and all the way South!

Good fishing to you folks
Will check in later!
Take Care Y'all!