Kentucky Lake Update

Kentucky Lake, like a girl I used to know, just keeps putting out! :cheers:

A friend from Ohio came down over the weekend for some relaxation and fishing. I don't know how much relaxation he got, but the fishing was abundant.

The water temps remain in the mid-80's with a fairly stable water level.

The first day (Saturday) was overcast and foggy when we hit the water, so thick I had to idle to the first fishing spot.

I had a Zoom Horny Toad rigged up and on the very first cast, this was the result.

Weighing in over five pounds, it was a great way to start the day. Two casts later, the watermelon green Toad disappeared again, into the mouth of this girl.

Randall was throwing a purple 5" stick bait and as the lure fell, it too was grabbed.

This one weighed 4.25 pounds.

And a short time later, Randall found his string being stretched again.

His dad, Randy wasn't to be outdone and got into the act as well, catching several fish like this throwing a Zoom Speed Worm.

As long as the overcast remained, we did very well working weed edges. However, by mid-day the sun burned through the clouds and it became very bright. We searched out different locations and while we caught a LOT of short fish and Tennessee Racing Bass, our good keepers were done for the day. If our memories and math were correct, we caught over forty bass on Saturday and you couldn't knock the smile off Randall's face with a stick!

Sunday was a short day as they had to drive back home that afternoon. So we were only on the water for about four hours. The day brought bright blue skies and a little wind from the northeast. A front was to be pushing through and conditions had definitely changed.

But fish were still taking Toads. I again caught the first fish of the day, a solid five pounder.

My second fish sucked a Toad down too. Another fiver.

And Randy got his largest Tennessee bass when this four pound plus fish ate a 5" stick bait.

I could feel the front moving in and it shut down the fish hard. We tried different lures, tactics and techniques. We were able to put a couple more short fish in the boat, but by 2:00 when we had to get off the lake, the bite had shut down entirely, at least where we were. But, we still had caught 12 fish in four hours, so the guys went home very happy.

So how's everyone else doing?

Steve