help on my boat/prop plz thx

baucom84

Hey everyone. I need a little help on my boat. I have a 1998 sylvan PB162 aluminum with 40hp Force elec t/t. well i noticed a bass tracker with a 25 the other day at a local tourny jump right up on plane and scoot on good mine plowed a little and once i got on plane passed him but the boat doesnt like to JUMP on plane. my coangler came over the next day and handed me a stingray hydrofoil said it would fix all my problems. well i hate to drill holes and wanted to research first. i looked at my prop it is a 17p and i Have a brand new prop that came with it and its a 19P. well right now it takes a little to get on plane but when it does it runs 28mph 4200rpm. the fellow i bought it from said the 19P would run about 30-32
mph but took longer to plane so i never put it on. well i looked for props online and could only find 8P-17P so is it safe to run the 19P? also should i look at gettin a prop with less pitch for take off and less topend or just bolt the hydrofoil on? I was told to keep the high pitch and put on the hydrofoil to have take off and top end. but another friend said a
foil is a bandaid and get a lower pitch prop and dont drill holes i would regret it. and sumtimes a bandaid is better than a major surgery lol. i have heard so much good about the foils i dont no what to do. Thanks so much for reading and any info! catchem all!