Good Fishing Book

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
I downloaded a copy of Roland Martins 101 Bass catching Secrets last week and I gotta say it is probably one of the best fishing books I've ever read. The great thing about this book is he goes through the various tactics he uses but he does it in the context of a fishing story. It reads like a "how to" book and fishing novel all combined in one.

An example from the book is how he describes using spinnerbaits. He starts off talking about how he and Bill Dance were fishing a tournament at Table Rock Lake and he goes through what he used and where he found fish. But then he goes on to say how he met a girl who was fishing a tournament on Table Rock and Bill Dance introduced them and it turns out that this is how he met his former wife. i never would have thought I'd get an interesting story like that reading a chapter on spinnerbaits.

I usually have to push myself to read "how to" books but this book is really tough to put down. Now I' will warn you that it is a bit dated (I think it came out in 1982) but I still think it has a lot of great tips and information, especially if you are one of those people that are interested in the early days of bass fishing. It has alot of Bass fishing history and I saw alot of lures in the book that really brought back some memories of my youth (i.e Creme worms, Dr. Juice scent etc.).

I wanted to post this up here because much of the country is socked in with snow and this might be a good way to spend a few cold nights. He is a great story teller and you almost feel like you are out there on the lake with him.