Driving Questions

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
I'm breaking in my boat so I haven't really reached any speeds in excess of 40 mph. However, I did experience a some of the following so i wanted to see if these were normal/abnormal.

Porpoise: I did have some porposing a few times (the bow went up and down). I had 4 people in the boat so I would guess the extra weight in the rear may have caused it or maybe I just didn't have it on plane right. It seemed to correct itself when I trimmed down a bit and applied some power. Does this happen at a sort of in between speed when the boat is sort of on/off plane due to weight distribution or trim? Also do you trim down and increase power or is powering up suitable for steadying the boat on plane?

Cornering: Also I took a few corners to just see how the boat handles and the back end seemed a bit loose and the prop seemed to rev a bit (maybe coming out of water slightly). Now keep in mind its a tight turn through a canal and I'm doing about 20 mph (yeah i know real speed demon here). I did trim down a bit before entering the turn but it seems like the back end slips/drifts a bit into the turn. Is this a normal thing or am I doing something wrong?

Steering: I have hydraulic steering on the boat and to me it seems a bit unresponsive. I'm taking it very slow getting used to this boat but it seems like you have to turn the wheel alot more with the hydraulic steering than with the old school steering. This is based on my memory which could be faulty.

Lots of questions but I'd rather get advice before the fact than after a screw up.