Don't you hate when a great day on the water ends badly?

bass2reds

Weapon of bass destruction
Boat
Back Country 151 ProGuide
So last weekend I hadn't planned to fish because my sprinkler pump burned out and my pool was trashed from the 25+ mph March winds we had all week but my co worker called Saturday at 10 AM and said can I come over to fish off your dock?
I said sure but why don't we take out the 8 ft Coleman pontoon mini boat and throw some worms and plugs. So we trolled off into the lake. By noon the bass count was 17 for him and 9 for me including a 3.5 pounder caught under my neighbor's dock. He was using a suspending minnow hardbait and I was throwing worms.
We got back to my house by 1PM and all was great. I took the battery out of the boat and as I walked up to my patio I heard a splash. He was in the lake, with his IPhone that had all he fish pics I was going to post here and came out with his leg sliced open from a loose nail on my dock edge. Phone was history!
He and I shook it off knowing hat if we had taken the big boat out, we probably never would have had such a productive 3 hours no matter where we went and I still had time left to fix my stuff.