Disqualified in today's tournament

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
Well guys.... What started out as a great day fishing Lake O ended up with me being disqualified due to the stupidest reason i've ever heard. My fishing buddy called me 45 minutes before the tourney ended telling me he broke down and needed help getting back, stranded 3 miles out on the main lake. Needless to say, I text the club and told them I would be late due to a club member in distress. By the time I towed him in, I was told both boats were disqualified for not weighing in on time... So frustrating considering I was helping out a club member in distress. This made no sense to me and I sent the club officers an e-mail tonight resigning as assistant tournament director and club member.

I have always fished to enjoy myself and forget about aggravations. Today was reason for me to walk away and go back to simply fishing without having to deal with the politics of tournament fishing. Disqualifying a person for burning a 1/4 tank of gas, missing the last 45 minutes of fishing, and towing a broken boat for 3 miles is just plain stupid and I won't be a part of that....