Biffle,Rangerboats Combine For Back to Back Wins

Aussie

BBM Personel Director
Media Contact: Josh Ward
Blue Heron Communications

[SIZE=+1]BIFFLE, RANGER BOATS COMBINE FOR BACK-TO-BACK WINS[/SIZE]
Ranger Pro claims fifth BASS career win, PAA win with incredible 3 week stretch
FLIPPIN, AR (July 13, 2010) Just a few weeks after it appeared that he might not qualify for the BASS Elite Series postseason, Ranger Pro Tommy Biffle is heading into the homestretch of July as one of the hottest anglers in professional bass fishing.

For the second time in three weeks, Biffle left the water victorious, this time claiming a win in the PAA tournament on Lake Cherokee, which concluded Saturday. Just weeks ago, Biffle defended his home turf by winning the regular-season finale for the 2010 BASS Elite Series Tour on Lake Fort Gibson.

"It's unbelievable, isn't it?" said Biffle of winning his second professional tournament in as many events. "I had a good day on the last day, and that's when you need it."

More than a good day, Biffle is in the midst of a great month. Following the abrupt change of venue for the final regular-season BASS Elite Series event from the flooded and unfishable Arkansas River to his home lake, Fort Gibson, Biffle relied on his 40 years of experience with the fishery to vault him to a win. While other pros practiced in the days leading up to the event, Biffle was able to spend some unexpected time at home, among other things, mowing his yard.

"There wasn't anybody expecting me to win on Fort Gibson more than myself," said Biffle. "I would have been ill if I didn't make it happen. It was special to be able to do it in front of my family and friends."

Few things are more quintessential to fishing than going after the venerable largemouth bass - and Biffle is all about fishing for largemouth, making his longtime reliance on a Ranger boat the ideal pairing of pro and platform. Where the water gets skinny, the cover gets thick and the fish hold tight, the Wagoner, Okla., pro feels right at home, targeting these areas for both his Lake Cherokee and Fort Gibson wins. So at home flipping and pitching for largemouth, Biffle even won the 2006 Empire Chase on New York's Lake Oneida - a noted smallmouth fishery - solely with largemouth caught in the shallow backwaters of the lake.

"We're very proud of Tommy for his accomplishments throughout his career and congratulate him for accomplishing what so few anglers have done in winning two professional events back-to-back," said Ranger Boats President Randy Hopper. "To me, Tommy Biffle means largemouth fishing; getting back into those areas that just look like they should hold big fish - and Tommy always seems to find them."

By virtue of his win on Lake Fort Gibson, which delivered him a $100,000 payday and vaulted him over $2.2 million mark in career earnings, Biffle moved into the Top 10 of the BASS Elite Series points standings, qualifying him for the two post-season tournaments that will determine the 2010 BASS Angler of the Year. In addition, Biffle will be among the contingent of Ranger Pros fishing the 2011 Bassmaster Classic next February on the Louisiana Delta. In addition, Biffle banked $10,000 with his win on Lake Cherokee as well as a boat-and-motor package.

About Ranger Boats
Ranger Boats, headquartered in Flippin, Ark., is the nation's largest manufacturer of premium fiberglass fishing boats, including a series of bass, multi-species, fish 'n play and saltwater boats. Founded in 1968 by Forrest L. Wood, Ranger Boats continues its commitment to building the highest-quality, strongest-performing boats on the water.
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript> function openNewWindow(URL,winName,features) { myWindow = window.open(URL,winName,features); myWindow.focus(); } </SCRIPT><!-- includes/nav.cfm -->