Ardent F700

Just bought a used F700. Considering all the negative comments about Ardent quality in general, I'm a tiny bit concerned I might have wasted my money. If all goes well with this one, I'll eventually buy a new one.

I do a lot of pitching, so I've had an eye on this model for a couple years now. I like the design/build concept, the fact it is a specialized,technique specific build.

I like the idea of the 22 lb Perma Lock drag. Who in their right mind doesn't lock down in close quarters,heavy cover fishing anyway? I've seen people gripe about this and I just consider it a baseless gripe.

I like the narrow, low capacity spool and centered,fixed line guide. Just what a pitching reel needs. Who needs built in complexity for ultra short distance presentations?

Anyway, I'm gonna try this thing but it is going to need to be a very stellar performer for me to give up my Castaics. Anybody have personal experience with the Ardent F700 they can share with me? My only "reel" concern is I've read too many comments about grinding gears etc but...I've also read that Ardent is excellent at clearing any problems if you talk to them.