10/7 Kentucky lake never ending story

Boat
1989 Ranger 333v - 1995 Evinrude 130 hp
Got a slow start today about 10 min after 7 was running a tad late,rude was beining rude hard start when it did I hid the ramp real good(smoke had flooded the ol girl).
Idling out to the no wake zone marker then coming up on plane with the 28 p chopper prop fairly easy now that I have a lil trick I do with the hyd jackplate.
The lake had about 2 1/2 waves,nice breeze one might say was windy lol,current about 2mph.
Easing up to a favoite point places like this
[/IMG]
And throwing my homemade franken buzz
One at the top ,lower one is a smaller version
[/IMG]
With a steady retieve which is best described as a bread and butter retrieve about 1 ft under the water,you heard right its a buzzbait I work under the water,I caught our fist keeper.
[/IMG]
Catching a lot of short fish every lil whip stitch in or on points like the one in the pic,generally rocky with pea gravel.
Second fish came soon after the first but was Steves turn.
[/IMG]
We then headed out for another such place but to no avail grass was not the key.Soon after leaving that and drifting down a peagravel bank each and evry lil point provided us with a fish,many short one s and some surprises like this.
[/IMG]
And this smallmouth
[/IMG]
We ended up with but 4 keepers ,each of us had a hog get off at the boat.
Desiring to get some bait for catfishing I stopped at hole number 4 and with small bass assasin (fluke) we proceded to fill the livewell with american shad,some of which if they had been bass would be decent keepers.Light tackle they were a ball,had 15 of them in the livewell before we called it quits.
All in all a good day spent out with a friend,doing much better than many practicing for the next major T.
And again testing my frankenbuzz in a spinnerbait type of retrieve,spinnerbaits however did not work yet it did,to some degree Steves reg buzzr did .Main lake 70 deg coves 68 deg.
Next going to have to crig it.:icon_welcome:

Last edited by a moderator: