zooker pulls out a win..

zooker

the yadkin guys threw down last sunday on lake reese.. a remote well kept sercert i have fished for years.. no prefishing for me.. i have not been there since last august..this lake holds some truly huge bass and crappie..

first creek i pulled into i spotted bass busting shad way in the back..i am crazy not stupid.. i went back in after them.. caught 4 bass one keeper-barely- in less than 2 feet of water..

cool so i hit the next creek in the line. went straight into the back and started up with a buzzbait.. caught a 15" bass 1/2 way back into the pocket. went all the way back in there.. third cast she rolled at it..25 more cast and a direction change later she hauled off and knocked the hell out of that buzzer..with my troller stuck in the mud and a drag peelin run from the big girl. it was a chinesse fire drill tring to pull up the troller and duke it out with a fat girl in skinny water..

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/zook_n_stien/zooker tackle/ycgatreeselake001.jpg

i have caught big fish before but never with money on the line -it took several mintues to calm down-my scale lied to me saying 7.4 she turned out to be 6.4..

after a few mintues i calmed down and shot this lil video..when i chunked her back in the livewell the other two make a break for it.. i catch the bigger of the two but the runt i had to catch and chunk him in the well..

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a...ds/?action=view&current=ycgatreeselake009.flv

we have a 3 fish limit with our tourny's.

i headed to the next creek where sat the fritts crew boat.. -dammit- but they could not get that 20 foot barge in the back of the creek.. i don't have that problem with the short stratos. i went back in there and caught a keeper how ever he was smaller than any of my three so back he went..

down near the dam/launch i picked off a 15.5" bass and cull my runt with about an hour to go.. with 10 mintues to go i swing into the dam and start throwing a spinner bait and bingo i catch a 2.5ish pounder and cull the 15" incher -while being soundly cussed by several yadkin guys...

i ended my day with 11.51 pounds big fish at 6.4 pounds which won it for me..since it was a mini it was winner take all...

btw guys i was fishing like i always do all alone.. while the other guys were teamed up..

zooker

Last edited by a moderator: