1. More Boating and Fishing Information Then You Can Handle!
  2. Welcome To Our Little Community on the Internet, Bass Boat Magazine
  3. Are you part of a bass club? Give your club some free advertising by listing them in our Bass Club Directory!
  4. We are currently submitting boat dealerships in our directory! Its a great way to get your boat dealership out there to our members!

Xpress boat

Discussion in 'Bass Boat Reviews' started by ACES50, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ACES50

ACES50 New Member

I have a 15 year old Procraft 185 with a new Opitmax 150 on board. I'm thinking about putting that motor on a new Xpress aluminum 19'. I'm looking for pros and cons. My lake has a lot of stickups and I'm forever worried about a fiberglass hull.
    Thanks
  2. kipp

kipp Special Operations Director Staff Member

• Admrial

Aces50...Don't know much about an Xpress, but I do know enough that just the ones ive seen going down the lake and hearing some people talk a little...They have the most lift, handling and top end speed of any Aluminum catered to fishing out there...Plus they look pretty dang good too...Wide beam also.
  3. Jay Martin

Jay Martin BBM Prop Doctor Staff Member

• BBM Staff

Don't know about the question your asking but I will tell you what prop will run the best on that setup..Believe it or not a 24 pitch 3 Blade Ballistic with extra cup in the tips, if you don't do the cup it want run. I have seen two of these boats with two different owners and both of them ran the same prop.
    No other prop would come close to the performance of the Ballistic w/cup on this boat.
  4. aceman93

aceman93 New Member

Express makes a fine boat. I was told by a Triton Rep that Tritons alum boats are actually an Express boat. Express is tough and can be made to run really fast for a aluminum boat. I have seen guys running a 19 with a 225 promax in the 90's with some pad work. But those guys are way out there. But all in all they are great boats. They have good storage and will hold up fairly well in the long run. I would say get one because if that is what you want you should not be dissapointed.
  5. jwhite

jwhite New Member

I have a 1996 xpress h51 with a 88 hp motor and like it over fiberglass. The boat runs good and handles well on large lakes. I am planning on moving up to a h19 or h18 with a 150.
  6. lowrider

lowrider New Member

2 Xpress boats in my club, 18 footers with 115's, the guys love 'em. As a G3 owner i reccommend checking them out and while you're at it take a look at the War Eagles. The Predator series is a tin boat with a true pad hull. Also have one of the "coolest" features ever put on a boat...a mister on the bow that sprays cool water from your ice chest up on you to cool you off on those blistering days.
  7. Jay Martin

• BBM Staff

Now thats a cool idea!!!
  8. Rincon650

Rincon650 New Member

I have an Xpress X19 with a Yamaha 150 four stroke. Just purchased the Turbo Lightning from Fast-J and my best speed is 60mph (GPS). I love this boat. I'm sure fiberglass boats are real nice, but I'm very satisfied with this aluminum boat. While fishing, as long as I trim the motor all the way up, I can fish in a foot of water. I don't think many fiberglass boats can do that.
  9. kipp

kipp Special Operations Director Staff Member

• Admrial

From looking at their websites today,it sure would be easy for me to buy an aluminum boat rated for 150 hp...to me there aren't but 2...Express and War Eagle.
  10. BustinBass197

BustinBass197 New Member

What about this on guys, and it is for sale? 07 Triton 197 Magnum w/07 200 Optimax.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. 1FASTLASER

1FASTLASER New Member

I was taking a serious look at this boat yesterday as a matter of fact. Bustin can you post up a little bit of the performance numbers...........
  12. JEVPhoenixBass

JEVPhoenixBass New Member

1Fast and Marty92 are your best resources. Marty is a dealer in West Central AR and runs the boat himself. 1Fast is the best at setting you up!
  13. fla firefighter40

fla firefighter40 Military Scuttle Butt Officer

i have heard nothing but good things about xpress. they were a little bit out of my price range so i went with a g3 which i love. i too fish in water with a lot of stumps. i say go for the xpress.
    bustinbass, that is a sweet looking triton.
  14. BustinBass197

BustinBass197 New Member

I do not want to hi-jack anyones thread, but you twisted my arm. 1 man, gear, and fuel with 25 Tempest plus will run 65-68 @5750rpm with the best hole-shot I have ever experienced in a boat. 1 man, gear, and fuel with 27 Tempest plus will run about 70-72 @5100-5300. The 27p prop got better top-end speeds, and I think would have done more if I would adjust the jack-plate more. I always seem to get it a little too high or too low to get it at its optimum setting, and the 27 Tempest is a loaner from a friend of mine and is not in the best shape. I enjoy the boat more with the 25p on it because of the acceleration. I would like to try a 26 Tempest plus or a 26p. Fury to see what numbers I would get. I run too low an rpm range with the 27p, so I figure the 26p would be the ticket with the right jack-plate height. I have heard of this model with same motor running consistent mid-upper 70s with the right set-up. It seems to be pretty good on fuel also.
  15. Jay Martin

• BBM Staff

That sure is a big spread on speed going from a 25 to a 27p prop. Sounds like the 25 could use some work.
  16. BustinBass197

BustinBass197 New Member

Do you mean work on the prop or setup? I am open to all suggestions, I can still tinker with it until I find it a new home.
  17. Jay Martin

• BBM Staff

Motor height is the same while testing the 25 and 27 is this correct?
  18. BustinBass197

BustinBass197 New Member

The first time I ever switched them it was. The 27p brought rpm down to about 5100-5200. I have never really tinkered with it enough with same load to have a very consistent basis to make my adjustments.
  19. Jay Martin

• BBM Staff

From what your saying there is 500-600 rpm difference in the two props and at least 5 mph change. You say the 27 is not in the best of shape but ran in the low 70's. I'm just curious if the 25 has lost either some cupping or one or more blades are off..Something like this it's really hard to say without looking at the props and measure the pitch to be able to really say.
    The pitch could be off from one blade to another as much as 2 pitch's but you would never be able to tell with the naked eye.
  20. BustinBass197

BustinBass197 New Member

Gotcha, the 25p appears to be in great shape (No dings or bends), but that would be cool if it needed to be reworked a little if it helped the performance even more. I need to just take it to the lake and just adjust it in very small increments until it is where it needs to be. I was just pleased that it runs so well for a tin boat that I never really worked it out to a science. Thanks for the input.