What was your best " Macgyver" boating moment or fix?

bass2reds

Weapon of bass destruction
Boat
Back Country 151 ProGuide
I just remembered this today while messing with my boat and thought it might be an interesting thread to start.
I was on Okeechobee, early AM in a tournament and we decided to cut across about 7 miles of open water to take a short cut from Roland Martin's to Kreamer Island. On a clear day, you can see the Palm trees on the island and navigate without a compass or GPS. Then about halfway across, no land in site yet, a rolling fog came in and I could barely see my trolling motor on the bow. Then my Merc sputtered and shut down.
I took off the cowling and after some basic checks, it looked like the connection from my throttle cable to the engine had snapped. I took and Eagle Claw worm hook and bent it with my pliars to make a new cable snap to the throttle arm and she started right up again. Then we decided to fish the open water until the fog lifted and surprisingly we caught some bass on topwater in open water with no visible structure. We finished the weekend without anymore motor trouble using that hook.