Well they told me....

Dougw

When we were standing aout yackin' after the tournament last weekend some of the guys were putting together a trip to Choke Caynon lake and were looking for someone to share a 6 bed cabin with. Sooo... I said I'd go. During the course of the conversation I ask the guy organizing the trip if there was a tournament going on. He said "nope"... and smiled. Wellll....

Then... later I find out the correct answer is "YUP"! Not only a tournament but two one day ABA's. This is a lake that: You can weigh in a 32# sack and not get a check. Weigh in a 13# fish and come in 3rd for big bass(15#er took those honors). And... this is a lake I've never been on. Oughta prove interesting to say the least.

Also found out the guy putting the trip together last weekend is the district director hosting the tournament - and it explains the sly smile when I asked if "a" tournament was being held.

Sooo.... leaving out at 2am in the morning for a 4hr. trip to the lake. But this time.... I'm taking a battery charger. Never having used a 36v trolling motor system before I thought nothing about the cranking battery - plug the 3-bank onboard charger in and fer'git'about'it. Last weekend my Lowrance was indicating 10.4v at the end of the day. Everytime I'd crank the engine it'd shut-down all the electronics due to the current draw. Typically when I fish I don't run enough to get a full charge on the cranking battery so starting with a full charge is a must for me!