We have a BAD egg in our club!!!

clm6741

Phoenix MadMan
Ok guys I'm gonna tell you a little story that happened a few weeks ago at one of our monthly Backbay Bassmasters club tournament. We do not have a large club, we have maybe 12 on roster but more like 8-9 that actually show up. We like it small like this, well we needed a few more members so my team partner asked his uncle and brother in law to join. This was fine except me or him didn't really like the brother in law but he came with the uncle because they are partners in team tournaments. So we went with and the rest of the club voted them in.

Well the very first tournament the brother in law fished as a non-boater and drew a long time member and after the tournament he claimed the long time member would goose on the trolling motor everytime he had a bite. Kinda like ultimate match fishing.
I knew this was BS because the long time member would not do that because I fished with him a lot and he was very accomodating, when I was waiting on my phoenix I was boatless for 3 months.

Well we all kinda blew that incident off as the brother in law is an A-Hole which we already knew, well low and behold a few weeks ago he did the unthinkable.

He didn't pay his entry fee and lied about it.

Sometimes our club just takes the money up afterewards because we are all friends and trust each other for the most part. Well the new brother in law didn't pay up after the tourney and we all knew it was him but was gonna give him a chance. He never owned up to it and we gave him a chance to apologize at the next meeting, but he said he gave his money to the winner which ironically is my partner and his brother in law.

He has not showed back up yet since we called him out on it and I'm glad because I do not want him in our club anymore. We will vote him out if needs be, even if we lose his uncle. It does not matter to me, because a man who will still 35 dollars from his own brother in law may still your favorite fishing pole when your not looking. It is ridiculous that some people are like this.
The sad part is he the guy can't provide for his family worth a dang but he has money to hunt and fish. Family should be first then hobbies.

Sorry had to vent.