Upgraded!!

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
Finally got my boat out Friday for a day on the water. Have had to do major maintenance on it for the whole week. Switches, wiring, and the like to get ready. Get on the water and find out that my 12/24 TM only works on 12 volts. Like riding and being stuck in first gear. Drove me nuts. Had a decent day fishing and headed home. Called my brother and talking to him about it all and mentioned that I was going to find me another TM instead of trying to rebuild the Evinrude seeing it was so old anyway. To my surprise he tells me that he still has a TM that was on one of his older boats that he no longer has. Said it was a 45# thrust, whereas mine was about 32 to 36. I said how much? He said he would take $50 and my old motor. I say deal!! Little did I know that his was a Motorguide Wireless. I get this big sucker home and after a whole day of getting everything swapped over, I am now back in business. Not only is this thing a remote control like I had on my Ranger, but it also has a factory transducer built into the nose cone. So I promptly take my transducer and put it aside. Had to figure out all the wiring but finally got my front Humminbird hooked to the transducer that came in the TM. I am one happy camper right now. This big motor should pull my little tin boat all over the place. And it's 10 times quieter than the old Evinrude. Now I can't wait to get back out there and try it out. Best deal I've ran up on in a long, long time!!!