Teacher Poses for Playboy

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
I'd be attending every darn PTA conference and school function if this lady taught my kids.

Erica Chevillar was an honor roll student at Logan’s Run Middle School in Boca Raton. At Olympic Heights Community High School, she was on Student Council and was elected queen of her senior prom. She graduated from Florida Atlantic University and became a 10th grade social studies teacher at West Boca High School.
But that’s not what you see in the accompanying photo. And it’s not why she’ll be hosting Sunday’s Super Bowl party at Il Bacio Restaurant & Lounge in Delray Beach.
Chevillar also posed for the USA National Bikini Team website while working her way through FAU, images that in 2006 became the talk of West Boca High students and, ultimately, the school board. The resulting publicity and the school’s discomfort, as well as her skimpy salary, caused Chevillar to walk away from teaching.
Time has passed and Chevillar has moved on -- in the interim, Chevillar did the inevitable Playboy pictorial, titled “Hot for Teacher” -- but she still misses going to school.
“I was a good teacher. I worked hard. I grew up here,” Chevillar said Thursday afternoon from her Adore Me boutique in Delray Beach‘s Pineapple Grove. “[The publicity over the bikini photos] was kind of ridiculous. Kids here grow up seeing people in swimsuits all the time. The photos were not risque.”
When not at her boutique or working out at Beehive Fitness in Boca Raton (“It’s a mental thing, honestly”), Chevillar makes the kind of hosting appearances that come from having Playboy on your resume. In December she was at a party at Off the Hookah in Fort Lauderdale, where she crossed paths with a few of her old students.
“Some of my students are 21 now. Seeing them and talking to them confirmed why I wanted to be a teacher,” Chevillar said. “They remembered me, remembered the things I said to them.
“I was very strict. But after class or after school they knew they could come talk to me,” Chevillar said. “I would tell them that they had a lot going for them, and they needed to take advantage of what the school offered. They remembered. It makes me proud.”
On her boutique’s website (shopadoreme.com) you’ll see a selection of throwback football T-shirts for guys. Chevillar is a big football fan, and bites her tongue a little when asked about her favorite team, no threat to make the Super Bowl this season.
“I’m a Dolphins fans, even though …” she says, before cutting herself off. “I’m a loyal fan.”
She moved to Boca Raton at age 4 from Hanover, Pa., so family roots have her leaning toward rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl.
But no Polamalu jersey and no bikini for Chevillar on Sunday. Her Playboy appearance calls for South Florida chic: cocktail dress and stilettos.
“I’m excited for the event,” said Chevillar, who has had to travel for many recent Super Bowls. “It’s nice to do a local event, so my friends can come.”
And, perhaps, her students.