someones coments about ethanol

egreen024

We all have an idea about what ethanol can do to our motors, but sometimes and because it is human nature people difer in their ways of doing things and preventing problems.
If you a bassmasters magazine subscriber you can read the full article on page 14 and a second diferent article from another author on page78.
in summary is some of the precautions the author recommends:

1 don't buy gas from station that gets little traffic.

2 never buy gas from station that has tanker truck filling underground tanks. filling of tanks stirs up debris in underground tank and you could pump then into your boats tank.

3 don't buy premium grade fuel. Outboards are engineered to run best on 87 octane.

4 keep fuel tank full in storage.

5 run fuel stabilizer in your tank

6 install fuel/water separator in your boat.

7 if boat was built before 1992 fuel tank and fuel hoses were not designed for ethanol, you should replace them.

Now, starting at the top, no problem with 1 & 2, number 3 I always buy 87 octane for my 150 merc, but was under impression that bigger motors would require premium gas. # 4 I do the opposite, I store my boat with an empty tank, stabilizers help to preserve, but do not stop fuel from going bad. (on page 78 they state this). got no problem with #5, nor #6 and 7.
what's your opinion about this advice, do you agree with everything this guy advices?