Nitro Z7 & Z8

Nitro has come along way with there line of boats and 2 of them have really caught my eye. One more than the other...which is the Z7.

This boat comes equipped with a very nice list of options and standard features that could have you fishing in short order. I personally would love to take a Z7 out with a 200 hp and see what the performance numbers would be like after some careful setup. I dont see any reason why you couldnt run this rig in the high 60's with realitive ease. I have looked at the boat on a showrrom flow and thought that the layout was quite fisherman friendly. The dual console version was a little cramped in my opinion but the single console looked very good. Here is a some information direct from the Nitro sight on the Z7

Rapid Planing System transom
Removable dual console option
Fold-down reboarding ladder
34-gal. (128.70 L) divided, aerated aft livewell w/recirculator, timer & pump-out system
3-across seating w/steps to aft deck
2 rod lockers & center bow storage locker w/power lid assists
Easy-to-read instrumentation & tinted windscreen
In-dash Lowrance® X96 TX fishfinder
Step to bow deck w/cooler & trash receptacle
Bow bicycle seat & aft folding chair
MotorGuide® 24V, 70-lb. thrust foot-controlled trolling motor
Custom-matched trailer w/GalvaShield® corrosion protection, swing-away tongue & EZ lube hubs

With a newly restyled hull and deck, the NITRO Z-7 is a mid-size bass boat that absolutely refuses to compromise. At a sleek 18-feet, 8-inches (5.68 m) long with our patent-pending Rapid Planing System transom, this rig captures all the speed, stability and ruggedness NITRO boats are famous for, while also adding a unique nimbleness not found on bigger boats. And it’s still outfitted for even the most dedicated bass anglers and tournament contenders.

There’s a MotorGuide® trolling motor that’s quiet yet will easily pull you through the current. The low-profile hull design keeps you right next to the action. And the Lowrance® fishfinder, storage, trailer and Mercury® outboard motor finish it all off nicely. The NITRO Z-7 is everything you need to make some serious waves in one easy-to-handle bass fishing package.

That boat could very possibly fit the needs of ALOT of anglers including myself with the way that its setup. I also will add that this boat with a 150 Merc Optimax right now is available for $21,995. Personally I think that is quite acceptable for a cookie cutter boat that has the standard features that are included with this boat.

Now if I fished primarily bigger waters I definately would take a look at its bigger sister the Z8.......of course the Z8 is bigger in every aspect which would be a major plus on bigger waters say such as Kentucky Lake where you could run into some major waves. Now thats not saying it's smaller counterpart couldnt handle the big water I am simply stating that the bigger Z8 model could do so more safely and comfortable. Here is a list straight from the sight onits standard features and a small write up on it

10" (27.94 cm) fixed jack plate & rigging tube
Fold-down reboarding ladder
2 aerated Guardian™ aft livewells w/timers, recirculators, pump-out systems & Max-Air™ induction systems
3-across seating w/storage, steps to aft deck & handholds
Hydraulic steering w/through-deck hose fittings
Multifunction gauges w/chromes bezels
In-dash Lowrance® X96 TX fishfinder
Step to bow deck w/44-qt. (41.64 L) cooler & trash receptacle
Bow deck w/center storage locker & port & starboard rod lockers
MotorGuide® 24V, 70-lb. thrust foot-controlled trolling motor w/Gator™ Mount
Custom-matched trailer w/GalvaShield® corrosion protection, swing-away tongue & EZ lube hubs

You really should hang on, because the NITRO Z-8 is ready to take you from zero to fishing in seconds flat. With the patent-pending Rapid Planing System, this bass boat not only gets on plane quickly and easily, but also zooms you smoothly across the water to your favorite fishing hole. And once there, the huge casting decks, low profile design and lengthy list of features provide the rest of the fun.

From bow to stern, every inch of this boat is built to rage the tournament trail. With the high-quality electronics to the powerful MotorGuide® trolling motor, two Guardian™ livewells and color-keyed trailer, you will never be lacking for features. So, go ahead, crank it up and experience the tournament thrills and fishing of the NITRO Z-8.

This boat is available right now with a 200 Merc Optimax for a deal at $29,995.

Of course both of these boats have a nice list of standard options but as well have some EXTREMELY nice upgrades that a person might consider. One of the upgrades that I would strongly consider is the electronics upgrade. I wouldnt bat an eye if purchasing one of these boats to have them upgrade to the new HDS system from Lowrance. Lowrance has been my bread and butter for quite awhile now. They also offer the upgrade of the Humminbird Side Imaging system as well. I might add that both of these as an ugrade will only set you back around another 1k.

So to sum it up if your looking for a boat that wont break the bank that is nicely setup give these Nitro's a look............they just might fit what you would be looking for.

Attachments