Newbie Battery Charging questiong!

Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
My Hydra Sports has an old Battery Charging system on board:

Duel Pro XL, 5 Amps per bank.

I have one indicator with 5 red lights indicating initial charge according to documentation I located. No lights at all on the other indicator.

Does the charger charge one battery and then switch to the other at the completion of a charge.

When I first plug in the charger, the light indicator on the right as you look at the charger, has two to 3 reds come on briefly and then fades to black with the light indicator on the left then going to 5 reds.

Now at 5 amps, how many hours are we looking at for full charge. I haven't been able to get a indication as to how old these batteries really are. All instrumentation, Navigation lights, aerator, bilge, Depth Finder, horn, trim all seem to be working ok but I have no meters to check the batteries.

Anyway was really more curious about the mechanics of the charger charging one battery and then the other or does it do so simulteanous. My old charger was a ten amp and I of course I would put one battery on charge the evenging before I would fish the next day, full charge the next morning. LOL! Now charging 2 batteries at 5 amps!

I been away from all this far to long!

Take Care Y'all