Never get between a man and his fish

Eesctom

BBM Current Events Admiral
Had my first run in on the water about two weeks ago on vacation. I was fishing from my canoe in the neighborhood lake in NC (its a private lake in the neighborhood that we can all fish and pay to maintain with assessments) when I caught a nice 2.5 pound bass off the shore behind someones house. There was a guy on the community dock in a Miami Hurricanes hat that yelled nice fish so I held it up to show it to him (Canesfan were you up there on vacation?).

Next thing I hear is a cry from inside the house "He Caught my Fish". Well some lady comes out and said her daughter feeds the fish. I released the fish and told her I'm not keeping them anyway. Well based on the new information she gave me and thinking that the fish were headed there for their daily feeding I proceeded to pull a few more small ones out. Well they must not have liked that and once again out of the house came the woman to tell me their daughter feeds the fish and adopted them.

Well their daughter is about 13 or so and I figured its time for some people to get a lesson in property rights so I responded that I was trying to temporarily kidnap the adopted fish with my Senko but would be releasing the hostages unharmed.

Guess that didn't go over to well because the mom and their friend decided to swim around the area. Well I almost buried a hook in the rear end of one lady as she swam near my line and another one of them screamed as my senko landed about 30 feet away. She yelled I'm swimming here and I calmly replied I'm casting here (like stop swimming around my canoe).

Well she finally decided to swim to the other side of the lake and that was the end of that but I hope the lady realizes that when her daughter adopts fish that we all paid to help stock that she does so at her peril. The lady might think about buying an aquarium next time.

Ok had to rant a bit.