My BBQ Grill conversion project this week

bass2reds

Weapon of bass destruction
Boat
Back Country 151 ProGuide
In 2002 when my wife and I bought our new house, I wanted a special grill that would last and get attention. We spent about $800 on a totally stainless professional Charbroil model. It was worthy the investment and got a lot of use. Then over the last 12 years, burners, flame tamers, electrodes, and inner parts needed constant replacing and they were becoming scarce and expensive for an old discontinued model. Then I heard an ad for GriddleMaster on the radio.

It is an all stainless professional griddle top custom fitted to replace the cooking grid and turn any grill into a diner style flat top. Never again will grease drip into the grill making all the new remaining replacement parts I installed inside last forever. I spent the $200 for all the parts and accessories and did the conversion this week on vacation. I watched all the online videos and seasoned the metal accordingly. As of Wednesday morning, I was able to make bacon, eggs, hash browns and even toast on my grill as if I was at Denny's. No bacon smell in the house for 2 days either.
If I want grill lines on my dogs or have to cook bone in meats, I still have my charcoal park style grill by my dock. Here's a few pics of how it turned out. Seriously consider this B4 you toss out an old favorite grill.

Here's the grill with cooking grid removed and inside cleaned with oven cleaner. 2nd image is the new flattop after seasoned with oil and burned into the metal 5 times to make it non-stick. Good thing also is I still have the rotisserie option above and nothing drips past the griddle pan.
Now I plan to get a $hitload of shrimp and do some Japanese style cooking with rice and stir fry too. Check them out. I should get another 12 years or more from this old grill.
image.jpg image.jpg