Maybe I'm Just Bitter

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
There is no question that bass fishing has exploded at the college and high school level. Facebook is choked with pics of companies saying "look at all this free premium tackle we gave these kids" I support getting kids interested but what about them paying their dues too? When I was a teen nobody was throwing free tackle my way, I had to figure out how to buy my own or do without. Shoot most these kids I see are being gifted much nicer gear than what I can afford to this day!

I guess it's part of the annoyance I have about so much time and media space talking about sponsorships. Articleson how to get them, videos on what you should do for your sponsors, companies complaining about all the anglers begging to be sponsored. I understand the necessity of them at the pro level, bur the local loudmouth who thinks he's a pro and should be paid to fish jackpots? I was never sponsored, never tried to be. Any decals on my boat were because I liked and used their peoducts, not because I got free baits or cash............