made a promise

T

Terry G.

made a promise this year to learn to use artificial baits (cutting down on expenses this year), so last week i asked the wife if she would like to get out for a few hours and fish.

ya dont ask my wife twice to go fishing, she is there waiting on me.

planning on going to a little spot about an hour away and i knew there was a marina there and always had bait, so i called the place but it was after hours and no one was there to answer to call.

so the next morning running around with my head cut off gathering up stuff, i just happen to have a bag of frozen bait - well 5 or 6 in the bag, so i tossed that in as well for good measure.

boom, in the truck and on our way and about half way there i remember i didn't call to see if they had bait (ya know that sinking feling ya get when you just know that big bag of hot steamy poo is about to fall on ya)well i had it .

so as we drive in to the marina and walk in and ask that question, "ya got any bait" and a silence fell over the place....NOPE! was the answer, not even dead or frozen, oh Crap i say.. well lets go i say to the wife at least we have a few shrimp we can use.

walking out to the truck i spy a plastic worm in fair shape and remembering back "I made a promise" i tell the wife here you use the whats left of a bag of shrimp and i'll use this worm.

well lets say the wife got a small 2 lb drum and i got a lot of bites on that plastic worm and was surprised and i believe i'll keep trying to learn plastics..