Lake Okeechobee Recap

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
Well boys, what a great weekend it was. With King of the Glades round one in Lake O next weekend, a good practice session taught me a lot. I can honestly say i'm 100% more confident heading into the event with this weekend behind me. I came a cross a friend of mine who won the last BFL tournament at Lake O. He asked me how much gas I had left and luckily I had 1/2 a tank. Told me to follow him and took me to two honey holes that were producing some nice consistent bites, even in cold front conditions with barometric pressure quickly dropping. I got these 2 grassy areas on my GPS that have isolated pockets of sand. What happens is these big bass hide in the grass and ambush prey that come across these pockets. To make a long story short, I had caught around 6 or 7 small 1-2 pound bass all day and in the next hour, I managed to pull in 12-14 bass in the 2-3Lb range. I can only imagine on stable conditions how good the bite must be... My buddy has pulled 10 pounders out of there he said... All I need for next weekend is a senko worm and a swimbait. Really looking forward to next weekend! Only problem is our tournament is on Sunday and Saturday is a BFL tournament out of Clewiston too and there will probably be 200 boats at that tournament!