help with stringers

I bought a 83 glastron last year for $600 and have put off repairs until temperature began to rise. Guy I bought it from had started rebuilding and ran short on money. I was just about to lay carpet over the new wood he had put down when I thought I should check underneath just to be sure. When I did, I found completely hollow stringers that had been cut and left open, along with exposed wood. he had told me that he had no idea what he was doing while rebuilding the boat and even though I dont know what i am doing either I know that this is poor work even for a novice.

My question is, is it possible to do anything without splitting the cap? I do not have a work shed, and the boat is to long to fit in my garage. I'm sure neighbors will not appreciate a boat laying in the yard.

Boat came with a 70hp chrysler, I have replaced it with a 150 hp evinrude and had the transom rebuilt so it is solid. I have read that some boats came with hollow stringers but I can see mush at the bottom of the boat that is probably the remains of the rotted wood from when stringers were cut.

Is it possible to fill the stringers with anything like foam or to leave them hollow and just rebuild the section supporting the main floor? I have read some posts on other forums saying this is possible but I am not sure about the wisdom in that. I would like to fish this season and do a complete rebuild of the floor and stringers next winter but I do not want to have to swim home either.
<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box</td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box</td></tr></tbody></table><table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Drop Box</td></tr></tbody></table>