Guntersville

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
This is what our friends on Guntersville this week will be experiencing. This is from one of the guides that work on Guntersville.

Fishing Report, Lake Guntersville 2/13/10
The best way to describe this past week on Guntersville is to say it was "different every day." We went from high water at nearly an elevation of 596 ft. level, which would have put the water to the top of most docks on the lake, to wind, cold, rain, and 3 inches of snow. Every day was a new challenge; every day you were fishing for a few bites and everyday it was so cold you could hardly feel your hands. The only consistent pattern was the pure fact that the fish were hard to find and you were fishing for a few bites everyday, if you missed a bite with a swing and a miss there wasn't many more opportunities. I can tell you that this is the first time in my 36 years on this lake that I pulled out of the water with 3 inches of snow in my boat.
Most of the week I spent working slower moving baits, like jerk baits, Go-2-Bait worms, Tight-Line Jigs and Mister Twister Comida's. We did try to do some midday rattle bait fishing but it just did not produce. My thought was at some point we would see the bass move to the tops and clay banks and feed but that just did not happen with the water temperature going in the wrong direction everyday.