Engine cutting out

B

Bonsaibp

OK guys I need a little help.

Motor- 2000 Yamaha VMAX ox66 225 3.1liters

Was out on the lake today and several times when I took off the engine cut out like it wasn't getting gas then had a difficult time restarting. I had to pump the bulb which I've never done on this motor. After the third time I ran around the lake at about 50 all was well. Then when I was idling through the 5mph zone it stalled again, thats when I decided to call it a day. Also an alarm went off after idling at dock for 5-6 minutes.
Some recent history-- today I put shell nitrogen enriched gas in it for the first time. This past week I had it in the CA Delta for 3 days. Mostly ran great probably ran 60-70 miles over 3 days averaging 55-60. On the last day while idling out of a marina the oil alarm went off. I had half a tank of oil so I removed the cowling and the upper tank was about 1/3 low I pressed the toggle switch but that didn't seem to fill it up I removed the top and filled it manually and everything was fine the rest of the day probably ran another 10-15 miles

Any suggestions, and please remember I'm not the most mechanically inclined so please keep it simple.
Thanks in advance