1990 Champion Switch Panels

Hello Folks,
This is my first post, I've browsed through the forums and there are some knowledgeable and helpful people on here and being the new (old) owner of an old (but new to me) boat I'm sure I'll be spending time here.

I need some tutelage! I have a 1990 Champion 156 with a nav light issue. I've owned boats all my life and can usually trace down wiring issues but I'm havin' trouble gettin' my brain wrapped around this one. The wiring appears clean and either original or professionally done so before I start replacing wires and switches I need to get my arms around something.

Here's what I've got. The nav light is Perko 3 pin plug-in, colored nav light on front and a little white "courtesy" light facing back with a small push button switch on top. The anchor (or stern) light is a Perko 2 pin plug-in.

The switch in the bow panel is 3 position, labeled "nav" in the up position and "anchor" in down position. The switch at the console is labeled the same, nav/up, anchor/down but that switch is only 2 position, no middle. Each switch has it's own circuit breaker.

1st question: is it odd that the console switch is not 3 position?

2nd: If not, what should the 2 positions do....currently it does what the labels say, up turns on nav, down turns on anchor, but no "off" position. Maybe that's the way it was designed...?

Last question: What should the 3 positions on the switch at the bow do?

Any shared knowledge appreciated.
Thanks,

Jim In Alabama