1 yr in my Champ!

I just finished my 1st season in my 98 Champion 191 DCX Elite.
I love this friggin' boat! I really enjoyed fishing from it this summer and can't wait to get it home in the spring to really start making it mine. It's going into storage this weekend for the winter and I am so gonna miss it!

The ride/handling is confidence inspiring. It is not fast but it's fast enough for me, for now. But the ride in the rough is just, well...it lives up to the Champion reputation and it's just phenomenal. :party0045: At times, I'd brace for impact and it would just slice through. I got over expecting the "thumps" in a hurry. This is not my first boat so I know a little about driving in the rough, but damn, I tell ya...so much better than I expected! If there is something better out there, I don't need it;)

It is a little less stable at rest than some others I've been in, but it's no big deal at all. Have a little trouble getting 7' rods in the box and that can be a little irritating but it gets done. Plenty of tackle storage, more than I really need but it got filled up. Some have griped about lack of storage in rear deck with their Champs, mine is fine. I can get everything stored away that I want.

Loads and unloads really nice but it does sit heavy on the bunks. If water is not at top of fenders, she ain't coming off that trailer easy. Once on the trailer, don't have to worry about it sliding off, even if it ain't hooked.

I would buy another Champ in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm already thinking I'd like to have a 171 for when I'm older and fishing alone on the small lakes I like to fish. This one I have now, I would be happy to fish from until the day I die and hope to have it that long.

I have some work to do in the bilge next spring, new pumps, clean up etc. Engine is going to get a little work done to it. Would like to get some new electronics but not priority. New(er) style seats would be nice too but mine are still in near perfect shape.